Monday, September 7, 2009

The Law of Going the Extra Mile


An action that I had previously dismissed as a simple rule of thumb taught by my parents is a law of enormous importance. I had performed it without consciously doing it for many years but lately I had started to slack off ‘cause I thought I didn’t have the time and I should focus more on the things that directly supported me and my goals.

This is the Law of Going the Extra Mile.

The Boy Scouts say that they should always leave a place better than they found it. Jesus said that if we are asked to carry something one mile to take in another one without being asked. We tell each other that we should “do unto others what we would like others to do to us.” Wouldn’t you like that other person to do more than just make your fries, flip your burger, or sell you a roll of stamps? Wouldn’t you like that extra smile, that good attitude, that suggestion that another choice would be better for you and cost less at the same time?

This is the law of Going the Extra Mile.

This mind set will boost your potential and make you a valuable asset no matter where you are or what you do. It will promote you to the top of what ever group you are in and place you in places above where your formal education promised you would go. It will make you a desired individual, and make you stand out among the rest of your co-workers, family, students, friends.

This is the law of Going the Extra Mile

It requires you to go beyond what you have been asked to do and what you have been paid to do. It requires excellence or quality in your actions and a positive/happy mental attitude. I encourage you to practice this law on-purpose for the next 7-days on a constant basis, without telling any one of what you are doing. After this “test period” you will experience how powerful this law is and will not want to stop.

No comments: