Monday, August 17, 2009

Why the iPhone


I was asked today why I had an iPhone, or was it "what's so special about the iPhone?"? What ever the case it boiled down to the same thing.

I asked the same question while I was still debating whether to buy one. In fact, I am constantly asking myself that question.
The most obvious always tops the list. "'cause it's cool and it's all the rave" but I find that the iPhone is much more that just a shinny bauble. It has grown from a simple phone into a portable office and communication center.

I can make a multiple user phone conference, text and receive SMS responses in ordered fashion by contact or contact group, present keynote and/or PowerPoint presentations by wifi, record audio memos or conversations and email them to myself or some other interested party.
Besides the business related things mentioned above, I can also listen to a day's worth of mp3's and several movies, while playing a game and doing what I'm doing now.... Writing this blog while being bounced around in a Peruvian taxi cab.

An iPhone puts me far ahead of my competition and in a favorable place to serve those who rely on me.
-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: