Monday, August 24, 2009

As for me and my family

When I read what Joshua said I didn't have a family of my own. I was encouraged by his conviction and leadership. I imagined Mel Gibson in Braveheart as he ran before his men on his steed encouraging his men before the battle.

I whole heartedly agreed, and vowed to do the same when my time came to be a head-of-household. Then I got married and I realized that William Wallace wasn't married when he so valiently stood before his men and made his pledge.

Joshua's pledge took on a different meaning. It wasn't just a stand but a commitment to God and to his family. It was a declaration of how he would live his life in such a way that every action and word would serve as a guide to his children and children's children on serving God.

It may sound simple but that statement means a denial of self interests and becoming sold out to a higher cause. In fact it means that those who make that statement must live the life they want their family to live.

I, for one, believe that it's worth it. And so I repeat those words I shouted out in Vision Juvenil 86 and Joshua declared before the people of Israel "...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: