Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Reflections on writting my biography

Writting my biography has to be one of the most rewarding activities I've embarked on. I remember that I had to write one as a student in the university as a homework assignment. I remember thinking how boring my life was and that there mut be people much more interesting than me sitting in the room. But now, sitting in a Peruvian Taxi speeding down Javier Prado to my lunch appointment in Lima off the Pacific coast, I think the smallest details of how I learned how to ride a bike with my Dad on Aberdeen Proving grounds is interesting. In fact I believe that we all have wonderful and interesting stories but the problem is that we all underestimate their importance.

With every story I've written I remember more and in greater detail. It's like peeling an onion. Each layer is smaller and more consice full of color, sights and sound. I wonder what the final product will be when I complete writting my memoirs/biography. Will I remember everything? Will the body of work be as interesting to others as it is to me?

....more to come




-- Posted while on the movei

No comments: