Thursday, December 20, 2007

God Can and Will

There has never been an issue with me as to whether or not God could do a thing. He is God. He created the heavens and the Earth. He is THE Supreme Being. I read in the Bible where He stopped the sun and the moon for Joshua, he brought fire down for Elijah and consumed the sacrifice. He caused Manna to fall from heaven, multiplied the five loaves and two fish, He delivered His people out of battle after battle giving them the victory time and again, saying things like “The battle is mine says the Lord” and “go and possess the land.” He ran alongside David when he overcame the giant. There has never been a doubt that God CAN. And I read in Ephesians 3-20 that God can do exceeding abundantly above all that we can ask or imagine. That is soooo great, but then my question has been “Will He do it for me?”


And that is when I came across this verse in Psalms 115:13. “He will bless them that fear the Lord”, it says, “both small and great.” It doesn’t matter to Him if I am important in this World or simply sheep herder…as long as I fear (meaning respect and honor) the Lord, He will bless me.

Now, that is something to meditate on!


Ephesians 3:20-21 KJV

(20) Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,(21) Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Psalms 115:13-16 KJV
(13) He will bless them that fear the LORD, both small and great.(14) The LORD shall increase you more and more, you and your children.(15) Ye are blessed of the LORD which made heaven and earth.(16) The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD's: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

No comments: