Thursday, August 12, 2010

Are We Missing Something


I was listening to a certain speaker talking about a verse that I had heard all my life, but this time I heard something that I hadn't heard before. The verse was certainly the same but something went off in my heart. So I went to my bible and checked it out. What I heard was right there in the verse. Let me show you my revelation.

John 3:8
8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” NKJV

Jesus was talking to Nicademus and explaining the way to eternal life but in His explanation, Jesus makes this interesting statement regarding the wind. The way I have always heard it was the following: "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So are the things of the Spirit." Did you catch the difference?

It's not simply the "Things of the Spirit" but everyone who is born of the Spirit. That's you and me, right?! I know that this may sound weird but we should "be like the wind".

Remember when the peolple wanted to stone Jesus and He just turned and walked through the crowd? (Luke 4:28-30) That is how we should be walking. It is a special walk that hides our actions and our plans from the evil one and those who would do us harm. It protects us and keeps us. It's like it says in Psalms 91 (the secret place of the Almighty)...

But it also means that our actions and our ideas aren't always conventional. They come from God and those who aren't born in the Spirit will not understand them nor will they understand how they are so prosperous, and accepted by others.

Let's walk in the Spirit and walk like the wind.

No comments: